Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Merry "Chris"-mas!

As the song goes, "It's that time of year when the world falls in love!" No text this time, just a gaggle of Chris in all shapes and sizes and in no particular order. Twenty-five of 'em, one for each day in December leading up to Christmas. You pick your own. If that's the one you like best, then THAT'S the one you can keep. We'll give the others to the orphans who don't have anything. And on that note, NO, Christina Crawford is not one of them! (Also, please don't beat me up because there's a fictional kid in there, too. It's all in fun.) Just this once, I've noted each of their names to avoid all those tags/labels for such a silly post. Have a very Merry Christmas. And if that isn't your bag, have a happy holiday season, in general! (And if THAT'S not your bag, then I might not have anything for ya! You're on your own. Ha ha!)




































































































































6 comments:

Topaz said...

There's something about that name -- every (male) Chris I've ever met has been a hot guy.

Happy holidays. Discovering your blog this year has been a great gift for me.

Labuanbajo said...

You forgot Christopher Rage. I went to college with him. Although Christopher isn't his real first name, so maybe that disqualifies him.

His last name wasn't Rage, either.

Merry Christmas, Poseidon! I love your blog.

http://www.chrisrage.spunkblogs.com/

normadesmond said...

wouldn't it be wonderful if jorgensen could become the new saint of christmas?

i might even join that church.

Poseidon3 said...

I didn't so much forget Christopher Rage as not know about him! I don't get out much. LOL Thanks for the info.

Topaz said...

I somehow missed Christopher George my first spin through the Chrisses. Do you remember "The Immortal"? You might be too young. It started as a movie of the week with CG playing a man who aged so slowly as to make him "immortal." (I remember someone telling the character, when he was supposedly in his late 30s, "You don't look a day older than 25," and me thinking, "Yeah, not so much.") Anyway, I guess CG being tall, dark and craggy was appealing to me and I became obsessed with the show, as it had been spun off into a somewhat brief series. Carol Lynley played his girlfriend, and then an old rich man discovered his secret and decided to hold him prisoner in the basement to use his blood to make himself young. Jessica Walter played the rich man's wife who helped CG escape. Yeah, it was as campy as it sounds. Anyway, years later, I saw CG doing the full monty for Playgirl and just about choked. He died way too young.

Poseidon3 said...

I know that at some point, maybe in the late 80s on WGN or TNT or something, I saw the pilot movie for The Immortal. I probably watched it then for Carol Lynley. I don't recall much about it, but your recap sounds familiar! I don't post frontal at The Underworld because I like people to be able to access it anywhere (yeah... I know. It's a real "family" site! There are families all around the world sitting with their popcorn and peanut brittle looking at the beefbake and bulges together! LOL) I did, though, think about using a cropped Playgirl photo of him for this post. I think what made me use the pic I did was that the lower right hand of it refers to him as Chris George, which I hardly ever knew him to go by, and that seemed right for the "Chris-mas" theme. I liked him, too, depsite many cheesy projects he was in. I always felt sad for Lynda because she clearly loved him and they had a very successful marriage.